Anyway, this exhibit full of props, puppets, models and costumes came about as part of the hoopla surrounding the 30th anniversary of Star Wars (the REAL Star Wars, not The Wretched Abomination of Which We Shall No Longer Speak). As the person who once received and read all the incoming resumes and cover letters from potential model makers at New Deal Studios (the best VFX house in Southern California), I can attest to the influence this franchise has had on American culture, the art of film, and guys who were born in the 1970's.
That's a solemn dating credo around here, by the way: "No one born after Star Wars."

3 comments:
My favorite, Yoda is. Hmmm. Good impression of his speech, I do. Hmmmm.
'That's a solemn dating credo around here, by the way: "No one born after Star Wars."'
This is great. I love it. If I'm ever inclined to post a profile on match.com, may I quote you?
Yep, I hope you don't mind, but I definitely plan on quoting you in the future.
Trademark it, copyright it, patent it, whatever! I will pay you royalties to use that line. I have a few profiles out there too that could use that caveat. :)
Post a Comment