Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Missing a Few Key Ingredients

The Internet is like magic to me; I can't remember how I ever learned anything, wrote a paper, or settled a dispute before it existed. Now, when I am faced with a quandary, a quibble or a query, all I have to do is mosey (cyber-mosey?) over to Google and type in a few words.

I have this delicious recipe for something that's made in a Dutch oven, and since I recently A.) acquired a crock pot, and B.) heard that a crock pot and a Dutch oven have similar properties, I thought I'd do a little search about recipe conversion, in the hope that I might be able to make a warm, yummy dessert that will fill my apartment with lovely smells and be ready to dive into the moment I get home from work and wolf down dinner.

So I typed "convert recipes to crock" in the Google search box, and got a few returns that looked promising.

Google didn't find them quite so promising, however, and decided this couldn't possibly be what I'd had in mind when I asked for help. Google is very smart and helpful, but has apparently mistaken me for someone else. The link at the top of the search return politely asked me, "Did you mean: 'convert recipes to crack?'"

3 comments:

Jays said...

I'm willing to try both versions.

What IS this delicious dessert? Why must you taunt me so?

cube said...

I just got a crock pot too. I've only used it once so I'm still working on building up a wealth of delicious recipes. If you find any that DON'T involve crack, I'd love to hear them ;-)

JuliaR said...

I totally “heart” the internet too. I got a pint-sized crock pot from my mother when I lived by myself before I was married, oh so many years ago. I also got a paperback cookbook with it and made some of the recipes but they were all not low-fat and often used things like cans of soup and other pre-packaged ingredients. Many years later, I got a really big crock pot but still didn’t have any decent recipes. Then one year I joined Weight Watchers and at one meeting, they had a crock pot recipe book! I nabbed it in a hurry and I have made many recipes from it and each one has been a total success. It is called “In good time - 123 slow cooker recipes to come home to” by Weight Watchers Special Edition. Don’t know if it exists elsewhere in the universe. The best dessert recipe I have found to make in a crock pot is apple crumble and the house smells fab when it is cooking. You don’t have to change anything in the recipe either, to make it in a crock pot, and you really can’t over cook it.