I went out swing dancing last week at the club down the street, and one of the regulars there is a war vet named Saul. He is the rare person who will actually attempt intelligent conversation during a dance, so in between spins and swingouts, we were chatting about his service ("Navy. I was a flyer.") and about other places he goes to dance during the week.
He said, "I went down to Alpine Village on Monday night, and suddenly remembered why I stopped going there ten years ago. Too many old people!"
Did I mention when Saul served? He's an octogenarian WWII vet.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nevermind the details. Did you get his number?
Just goes to show that you can never tell how much life is left in the man just by knowing his age.
:) I like that guys sense of humor. REminds me of my grandpa. Must be a war-guy thing.
Hi Jenny,
I'm giving you a blogging award! Come check out my blog (this post) to find out about it. :-)
And give Truman an extra pat from us...
Laura, Willow, Stella
Hi Jenny,
This is Jeff Bynum the big red headed friend of the Fregas who you would see on the 4th and sometimes at your church. Hope your doing well, I do enjoy your blog
Post a Comment