I'm once again puppysitting a future guide dog this weekend (Liam the Magnificent, for those of you who either know him or have heard me sing his canine praises).
It's a sad commentary on Los Angeles traffic and car culture that I am so accustomed to being the sole occupant of my vehicle, I actually had a fleeting moment's thought that Liam and I would qualify as a carpool. Thank God I realized my idiocy before I changed lanes. That would have been an embarrassing $370 fine.
Saturday, April 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I remember the joyous day when I realized I could use the carpool lane now that I'm always driving with Margaret in her carseat! I still feel like I'm getting away with something.
My other favorite thing EVER is "Expectant Mother Parking." Believe me, we deserve it.
http://graff.aboutmybaby.com/view/photo.pl?photo_id=402877
You only use the lane if Liam is driving. LH
Deborah, are you kidding me? A baby (who also presumably can't drive) counts for carpool?
What is this based on -- the assumption that people transporting small humans have to get somewhere faster? What if my dog has to pee???
Is it only because of the carseat? What happens when your kids are old enough to sit on the regular seat, but not yet old enough to drive?
Should I get a carseat for the dog?
This is all very perplexing.
It's really very simple. Humans count. Non-humans don't. I'm not saying it's fair, but the line must be drawn somewhere.
How can you draw a line? My dog drools just like a baby and has made better decisions than people on Survivor, and sounded more intelligent than people on the Jerry Springer Show.
Post a Comment