Friday, December 31, 2004

Great Moments in Humility 2004

It's that review-your-past-twelve-months-on-this-planet time of year, and tonight I've been going over my 2004 journal (sparse though it is). I think I must resolve to live, in 2005, a more interesting life:

18 March 2004

I felt like an idiot standing at the first aid cabinet in the middle of the shop, browsing for the appropriate band-aid. People here do things like fall from ladders and sever their fingers on the table saw, and what do I get? Freak hand-washing accident. How, you ask? Well apparently, when the handle of the paper towel dispenser is wet -- as it is when you are using your wet hand to pull on it, in an attempt to get the paper towels to come out so that you may dry said wet hand -- it's liable to slip and catch the skin next to your thumbnail. It's my right thumb, and it hurts, so now I'm trying to train myself to use my left thumb on the keyboard spacebar. Mr. Blech always tried to tell us to use both thumbs to move the spacebar, but somehow I never developed that good typing habit. Who's sorry now, right Mr. Blech? Yes, that's right. I am.

No comments: