Saturday, September 03, 2005

Da Return of Da Vinci

Not to take away from this weekend's "Blog for Relief" efforts, but I felt the need to post.... Tell you what: why don't you go donate some money, then come back? I promise the following post will still be here when you return.

****

I've blogged on this before...but wait! There's more!

Dan Brown's novel The DaVinci Code is a bestselling work of fiction. Unfortunately, many who lack an education in the history of the church and the historicity of New Testament events (or even an education in what the Bible itself says) are taking Brown's book as fact, and conspiratorial fact at that.

My fellow blogger Tyler has penned two excellent posts, which contain not only a fair-minded review of the writing, but also responses to several of Brown's claims. If you have read the book, and are wondering where lies the fiction/nonfiction overlap on Brown's take on historical events, these posts are well worth your time.

The first post contains discussions on Christology and Gnosticism, and the second deals with the sacred feminine, Judaism, and other concerns.

No comments: