I was shopping for a new shower head at Home Depot, scanning the massive shelf of products for the fixture that satisified just the right combination of "I am broke" and "I need to bathe the dog, in my bathroom, without incident." It was overwhelming because there were so many choices, and because I had the dog with me and was trying to do things quickly and pay attention to him and pick up everything I needed to look at with my one free hand.
But this post is not about the dog. Oh, no.
I saw a box for a product on that aisle, right there among the shower heads, that made me laugh out loud in the middle of everyone and everything. But distracted as I was, and lacking the time to pick up the box and look at it, I just chose my fine mid-range-price lifetime-warranty Delta fixture ("Great for washing pets!" Am I a sucker for the marketing or what?), and headed home with my head full of "Hope this works."
Two weeks later, I flashed back to that product on the shelf and doubted my lucidity at the time. Did I really see what I thought I saw? Was that really the name of the product? Am I remembering this right? I couldn't be sure. So, like anyone of my generation would, I consulted the great and powerful Google.
And yes. Oh, yes, there it was.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
When do you suppose they're coming out with Mr. Urinal?
Most guys don't even wash their hands, why in the world would they need a Mr. Urinal?
THE HORROR, ROGER...THE HORROR....
Cleanest dog in the west, thank you very much!
Is that Rob and Amber from Survivor??
Post a Comment