Thursday, July 14, 2005

Library of Lost Thought

The Library of Lost Thought is floating somewhere out there in the universe. Contained therein are millions of mystical shelves of information-filled books -- one for each of us.

My book, entitled "Things That Have Broken Loose and Escaped From Jenny's Mind While She Was Driving or Showering and Thus Unable to Write Them Down" consists of the following chapters:

* Great ideas for stories (or blog posts?)
* Bits of inspired screenplay dialogue
* Names of bands/albums/songs I heard on the radio that I wanted to remember
* The grocery store item I forgot to put on the list but remembered as I was trying to find a parking space
* The perfect birthday gift for a friend
* Impressive quotes I could use as witty or thought-provoking e-mail signature lines
* Names of documentaries I wanted to see
* Phone numbers or Websites advertised on buses/billboards/For Rent signs
* Locations of tempting restaurants I always pass when I have either the time or the money (but not both)

I'm sure there's more, but I seem to have....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, thanks for coming over Saturday - it was great to spend more time with you. I appreciate your thoughtful conversation.

Anonymous said...

This is why I have a phone with a voice memo feature!

8675309 said...

Carey -- thanks for the invitation! It was fun hanging out with you guys; we'll have to do that more often. Blessings to you & Tyler....

Amy -- yes, yes, I'm aware that I live in a sad little world of analog and duct tape. I would have called to give you grief about this in person, but Grok not know how use telegraph. Please pass sticks and rocks.