Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Jester is Employed

(INSERT TRUMPET FANFARE HERE)

That's right, ladies and gentlemen! Effective May 24, I will once again be a productive member of society. It's a part-time office support gig for Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation, which does incredible work in the service of seriously ill kids and their families.

This job is promising for a variety of reasons, chief among them is the idea of my making just enough money to survive, such that I'll be more motivated to spend my non-office time doing some creative writing and pursuing ways to turn said writing into extra cash.

More importantly, though, I've learned quite a bit these last few months about God's faithfulness. Consistently, as I've prayed for help with little things here and there, financially and logistically and otherwise, He has provided just what I've needed at just the time I've needed it. Even the timing has been perfect: after six months of searching and researching and networking and sending resumes and writing cover letters and submitting applications and interviewing and following up and receiving generally no response despite whatever qualifications I possess...I get a job that seems like just the right fit, just as my unemployment runs out. The lesson for me here (and how many times have I learned this, now?) is that dependence on God is exactly what I should focus on at all times, because even my best efforts will come to naught without His loving intervention and masterful orchestration.

Thanks to all of you who have been so faithful in your friendship and support, especially to those of you who have been praying alongside me for these many months!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, you just got a job. What are you going to do now?

8675309 said...

Pay my rent? Seriously; I think I'll pay my rent. And maybe even the utilities!

(Also...I'm going to Disneyland!)