Friday, September 29, 2006

Postmodern Sacraments: Reconciliation



Bless me, Blogger, for I have sinned. It has been 21 days since my last post. I accuse myself of the following:

* Giving in to the temptation of physical exercise (nearly every day, sometimes twice)
* Going outside, engaging in the unholy union of my flesh with natural sunlight (several times)
* Engaging in person-to-person communication via landline telephone in lieu of instant messaging, e-mail or blog comments (still, it was a cordless phone -- perhaps this is worth half the penance due for such an offense?)
* Attending a social event rife with other sentient beings (just the one, but I understand the severity of my actions)
* Reading...books (Yes, Blogger. I hear you weeping. I'm sorry.)

For all these and my many other low-technology indiscretions, I seek forgiveness. May I receive a swift and merciful measure of penance...just please, don't make me build a MySpace page.

Amen.

2 comments:

cube said...

You are forgiven, my child.


BTW nice to hear from you again.

JuliaR said...

Yes I forgive you if I can also be forgiven. Except I can't even say I've been to the gym. tsk.