Sunday, January 30, 2005

Klownz in Da 'Hood

Apparently, the kids down in South Central are dressing like clowns and getting into intense rivalries that end in dramatic battles.

No, I'm not talking about street gangs; we already knew about that. I'm talking about "krumping," in which the kids down in South Central are LITERALLY dressing like clowns -- a la Bozo -- and getting into intense rivalries that end in dramatic CLOWN DANCE battles.

I hear what you're saying. "Are you freakin' kidding me?!?" No, sir. I am not.

I implore you to visit the above linked article, if only for the photo. I promise, it's reallyreallygood.

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. For the love of all that is holy, people are having underground clown dance battles and I didn't even know???

4 comments:

uncaring _chimp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jays said...

http://www.davidlachapelle.com/film.shtml

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they twist balloons into switch blades too!

Anonymous said...

Now I know what the expression "Get clown and boogie!" means.